David Warren, President and CEO of Bridgeford Trust Company, is teaming up with the regional CPA firm of McKonly & Asbury and Aaron Jackson, a shareholder with the law firm of Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, to present a timely and informational seminar for National Business Institute called “An Accountant’s Guide to Grantor Trusts.” The program will provide 6.5 CLE credits for attorneys and 8 CPE credits for accountants and will cover important and quickly evolving topics such as: The Use of Alternative Trust Jurisdictions in the Wealth Planning Process, Asset Protection Trusts, and Grantor Trust Tax Reporting.
This seminar will take place on Thursday, October 9 at the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg. Registration begins at 8:00 AM and the event will run from 8:30 AM – 4:40 PM. The seminar will review how to understand and administer grantor trusts by focusing on the following key objectives:
- Get an overview of the types and uses of grantor trusts, including asset protection and directed trusts.
- Learn how to navigate the original trust document to find relevant information quickly.
- Choose the most beneficial way to manage and report trust income.
- Clarify what a trust accounting should include.
- Apply accounting ethics principles to the specific tasks of trust planning and tax reporting.
- Understand common changes in the trust throughout its term and find out what can be done if it no longer works through using progressive tools such as trust protectors and decanting.
- Learn how ATRA has changed the role of grantor trusts in wealth and estate planning and what the latest IRS regulations and Federal legislative efforts mean for your practice.
This seminar is designed for accountants, CPAs, tax professionals, trust officers, wealth and estate planners, and attorneys. Click here for more information and to register.