Bridgeford Trust is excited to once again co-sponsor McKonly & Asbury’s upcoming Collaborate Conference. McKonly & Asbury is a public accounting and consulting firm that provides advisory, assurance, entrepreneurial, internal audit, professional placement, and tax services to many of Central PA’s largest and most well-known companies and organizations. Their 6th annual conference features a variety of topics and speakers, customized to past participant feedback, as well as to what’s trending in the business community. It will take place on Thursday, November 8, 2018, at the Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel from 8:00am-5:00pm.
David A. Warren, Chairman of the Board and Co-Founder of Bridgeford Trust Company and President and CEO of Bridgeford Advisors, will be presenting a breakout session entitled “Individual Wealth Tax Planning.” The presentation will explore changes in the federal tax code that make state tax planning more compelling now than ever, even in a relatively low tax state like Pennsylvania. The discussion will include trust planning strategies to avoid federal estate tax over multiple generations as well as strategies to potentially avoid state taxation on undistributed trust income and avoid state capital gains upon the sale of assets with low cost basis, such as a closely held business or public stock position.
Highlights of this conference include:
- Tom Ridge, first Secretary of Homeland Security and former Governor of Pennsylvania, current Chairman of Cybersecurity and Technology at alliantgroup, as the keynote speaker! In today’s environment, businesses need to stay ahead of malicious trends and cyberattacks and this requires the need for constant innovation in the cybersecurity sector. During this keynote session, Governor Ridge will review increased threats as well as steps necessary to ensure your business does not fall victim to a cyberattack.
- Dynamic general sessions focused on current issues that attendees face every day, including a Mergers & Acquisitions Market Update, a Market & Economic Overview, and common business mistakes that appear in Business Litigation Matters.
- Afternoon breakout sessions for attendees to choose from, including tracks focused on Business, Technical, and Non-Profit topics.
- A total of 7 Continuing Professional Education Hours and 6 Continuing Legal Education Credits are available.
- Breakfast, lunch, and reception after the day’s sessions.
For more information on the day’s events, including the full agenda and how to register, please visit www.macpas.com/collaborate2018.